A Song for You: My Life with Whitney Houston

A Song for You: My Life with Whitney Houston

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

When Houston married Bobby Brown, he would occasionally yell at Crawford, and Houston would back him up. Long after the two were married and had children, however, Crawford was still in danger of being sucked back in. The takeaway here is that Bobby Brown was the worst beard any queer person has ever masqueraded with.

Robyn’s attraction to women was real and powerful, and Whitney knew this because she felt it herself. It’s a stretch to recast the silence brought on by homophobic bullying as noble, but there is something very moving about the way Crawford came to regard her secret history with Houston: as their only private space in a life dominated by public interest. Many have assumed that their sexual relationship continued on a non-exclusive basis throughout Houston's career, but Crawford has the real story. In her memoir, Robyn finally tells her story of life with Whitney, from their teen years in East Orange, New Jersey, to time spent traveling the globe with and working for Whitney at the height of her career. Immediately following the wedding the couple became tabloid fodder with their very public fights and drama, and Houston's use of substance escalated.I strongly believe that there is a lot more that Robyn knew, saw and did, but she's kept that private by honouring Whitney even after 40 years of friendship especially when Whitney is no longer on this earth, she remains loyal. However, the portrayal of Whitney Houston was not negative as in the most recent documentaries and biographies. Crawford's lap was there for Houston to lay her head in after being told that she needed to get a weave for the tour supporting her debut album, in part because the dignified cover photo looked "too black. There were Houston's first solo recordings, with the already-seasoned singer nailing the lead to "How Will I Know" in one take. After Crawford quit her job with Houston, she was offered a lucrative marketing job at Arista Records, until the offer was suddenly and inexplicably withdrawn.

I do not feel that Robyn was trying to exploit her friendship with Whitney in any way; instead, I feel like she was trying to set the record straight and tell her truth as she knew it.It’s an extraordinary response to an alleged threat of physical violence: that no one was thinking of Houston.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop